Saturday, April 2, 2011

Commenting Changes

I was told last night that someone wanted to comment on a blog post, and was unable to do so. I can't figure out what the problem might be, so until then I'm changing the way comments function.

Previously my comments had been embedded below each post, so that when you clicked to view and post a comment, the website would take you to bottom of the post's individual page. I liked this because it makes comments more fluid and easy to access, in my mind, but apparently other bloggers have been having trouble with this working for everyone.

I've changed comments so they now appear in a pop-up window. I'm generally not a fan of pop-up windows, because a lot of people (myself included) have pop-up blockers that may not allow it to appear easily, and some browsers display pop-up windows behind the window currently in use. However, from what I read from other bloggers, the pop-up window comments allow all readers to comment without trouble. I've also removed the word verification feature for unregistered commenters, as I'm typically not a fan of those either, and I think I can moderate my own blog without the computer's help.

So, while a bit more awkward, comments should be accessible by everyone now. If you have the time, please try leaving a comment on this or any other post, to test out the pop-up system and make sure you have access to the comments. If there's any problem, please email me at Kengirl01@yahoo.com, with the subject line "Blog Comments," explain what happens when you try to post (and if you're getting any error message), and leave your browser and version number (Example, I'm using Firefox 3.6.16). I'll use this information to try to figure out what the problem is and fix it.

Thanks for your time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

comment test

Anonymous said...

boo Pop-ups!

Anonymous said...

Woooo! fancy fancy fancy.