Monday, February 7, 2011

Superbowl Weekend

You probably knew that Superbowl was on Sunday. I found out because of Facebook.

In all honesty, I don't really care for Superbowl. Sports in general interest me very little, and American Football almost least of all (I wont rank every sport in my mind). There are few professional non-American teams - not that I hate American-only sports, but that fact just makes the sport seem so small-time to me - and the game itself just doesn't seem that appealing; at least with most other sports, there's a lot of action, but American Football feels to me a lot like hitting every red light on your way to work.

So when Superbowl starts popping up on TV and Facebook, I think to myself, 'Oh, is it that time of year again?' Then one Saturday evening, there are a ton of people at Stater Bros buying potato chips, and the next day on Facebook everyone's talking about funny commercials and how Christina Aguilera messed up the National Anthem. Oh, was that today?

I don't mean to sound demeaning to everyone who lives for Superbowl; I love how people can rally together positively. I'm just not interested in that sort of thing. So I'll get the score from four or five fans on Facebook, who'll probably inform me indirectly of any highlights from the game as well, and be satisfied.

Happy Superbowl Weekend, everybody! As of me writing this, I don't know who won (I'm writing this Sunday night - I'll log back on Facebook in a few minutes and find out), so I hope it was your team! If your team wasn't even playing, then I hope they have a good season next year!

No comments: