Friday, May 27, 2011

Finally!

I know this blog is coming a bit later than usual (not that anyone's paying attention, tho', right?) but today marks the end of Finals week! At least on my campus. That basically means that I spent most of this week either furiously writing a major essay for English, catching up on and studying old French homework, or procrastinating and goofing off. My Wednesday blog came after a five-hour bout of essay editing and bibliography writing, which explains why it was a bit dreary.
I can complain all I want, but I'm only a Freshman so it's really not that bad.
But good news on the horizon! I have an entire week off before Summer Semester starts, during which I can attempt to get some Blog rough drafts written and find a job! I'm also starting on some short stories to send around for contests and such, and hopefully I wont give up on that like I did with Short Story Writing Month.

By the way, if anyone was following, I gave up on Short Story Writing Month. I'll pause while you gasp in surprise. *pause* I know what you're thinking (or shouting, if that's the case). Yes, I did, I gave up, I admit it. Why? I'll tell you why - give me a second. No, I'm still the amazing wonderful person you've grown to admire, but I'm allowed to give up one one thing, right?

Basically, Short Story Month meant me writing 3.000+ words a day, depending on how long the stories are. I'm pretty sure that first one was arriving at 5.000 words, and as I was finishing up day two's story, I thought to myself, 'can I really do this?' My initial reaction was 'Yes! But every story from now on will have to be really short. Like, really short.' Then a couple days later I realized I hadn't written anything, including the essay I knew was due in two weeks, and I gave up.

I still plan on writing often! But I'll give myself one-a-week story standard instead of one-a-day. That'll give me more time for blog posts, summer homework, and hopefully a shift at the local bookstore (*fingers crossed*).
And taking more classes! In the Summer! In the Desert!
In 100+ degree Fahrenheit heat! Yippee!
In other news, I found the 'Stats' page on Blogger's Dashboard. Pretty interesting stuff - it basically lists how many page views I've been getting, which actual posts have been getting the most, and where in the world the majority of those numbers are coming from (side note - it doesn't include 'Antarctica' on the little map. That either means the Antarctic stations use a New Zealand, Australia, or Southern American country IP address, or the Google Blogger people are anti-South Pole bigots. Also, why isn't the word 'Zealand' in my computer's dictionary software?)

After seeing that information, I've got a few things to say:
  • I do intend on finishing my 'Blogging Dragon Age' posts. I know I said I'd post them a month ago, and I've fallen way, way behind on that. I'll jump on it this week.
  • As an American, I'm pretty isolated from the rest of the world. If I were to list every country in the world, in the order popped into my mind, Malaysia wouldn't be very high on the list - and yet, a number of my page views have been coming from there. I know this is because the internet is big and people happen to stumble onto random sites in a random fashion, but I find that to be extremely cool. If you're reading my blog, and you don't know me personally, please keep reading. Feel free to leave me a comment! I would especially love to be informed of things going on in the world that I may not know about. If you want to, my email is Kengirl01@yahoo.com (at least until I get a better account). I'm sorry if I don't reply right away - I don't check my email as often as I should.
I think that's about it for today's post. I'll keep you updating on myself or things I find interesting in the world. Remember, new blog posted every Monday/Wednesday/Friday!

No comments: