Sunday, June 7, 2009

Touch of the Master's Voice

There is a very famous logo of a dog listening to a gramophone - it's supposed to be the owner's voice on the record, and after the owner passed away, the dog finds peace through listening to his voice. We used to have a photo (or was it a painting? One can never tell) of a cat listening to a record player, as a parody.

In case you didn't know, Mom and I are going to Europe for a few weeks this summer. It promises to be a grand adventure. However, I was worried because my cat goes nuts whenever I'm not around for a day. And this time, because my brothers are all gone and my dad would be taking off too, she'll actually be home alone, with an expendable supply of food and water. Since it's only a few days, Mom doesn't want to get someone to watch her, and I'm not too worried about her dieing, but I am worried about how much she'll miss me (and, in the long run, drive the neighborhood crazy with her yowling).

Today, Dad suggested I record my voice on the computer, and set a 'Run Program' to play it every 2-5 hours. I would be clicking my tongue and saying "Megabyte! Here kitty kitty!"

I think that is hilarious. And I think Megabyte would fall for it, too. Which is kind of sad. But mostly hilarious.

No comments: